Forums » General Forum

What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2023?

• 397 posts
    December 27, 2022 3:55 AM PST

Good morning, fellow filmmakers!

As 2022 is coming to an end, I have started thinking of the future and made a list of my New Year Resolutions for 2023.

What are your New Year’s Resolutions?

Here are mine:

1. Read at least one book every month.
    I have seen many books on Student Filmmaker’s Bookstore ( https://studentfilmmakersstore.com/ ;) and in 2023, I plan to read at least one book every month. I wish to learn more about the filmmaking process as I prepare to start working on a short film. Books are a great resource and you can learn a lot from the experience of others.

2. Volunteer

The best teacher is practice. In 2023, I plan to volunteer and help others working on their short films to gain more experience that will help me with my projects.

3. Write down one new thing that I have learned every week

I want to keep track of my learning process. I also want to motivate myself to learn something new every week. For this purpose, I will start to keep a physical notebook with every new thing that I have learned every week.

4. Start working on my short film

In 2023, I wish to start working on my short film. I am planning to work on this project for years, but the pandemic discouraged me. Fortunately, the pandemic has ended and now I can resume working on my project.

• 82 posts
    December 27, 2022 4:06 AM PST

I haven't started working on my New Year's Resolutions but I will borrow a few things from your short list, Maura. They are all good suggestions for me as well!

• 56 posts
    December 27, 2022 4:07 AM PST

Each year, I make plans for the next year. I rarely do anything once the hype is over. Maybe a good New Year's Resolution for 2023 would be to do at least one thing from my list. 

• 57 posts
    December 27, 2022 4:08 AM PST

My New Year's Resolution is to add more creative photos to my Portfolio. I have done many photos in 2022, but none of them were as creative as I can be. I want to unlock my true potential. I've seen so many creative photos online and I want to try my best on this area as well!

• 82 posts
    December 27, 2022 4:09 AM PST
    Fjolla Teuta said:

Each year, I make plans for the next year. I rarely do anything once the hype is over. Maybe a good New Year's Resolution for 2023 would be to do at least one thing from my list. 

This is a great plan, Fjolla!

• 397 posts
    December 27, 2022 4:10 AM PST
    Istvan Kovacs said:

My New Year's Resolution is to add more creative photos to my Portfolio. I have done many photos in 2022, but none of them were as creative as I can be. I want to unlock my true potential. I've seen so many creative photos online and I want to try my best on this area as well!

Good luck, Istvan!