Forums » Film School

How can a teenager get into the film industry?

• 24 posts
    January 17, 2023 2:29 AM PST

Many filmmakers start discovering their passion for filmmaking when they are only 15 years old. However, it is extremely difficult to explore this passion when you are this young because you need to focus on school, doing your daily homework and going to classes. You also need a budget and unless your family is going to support you with this, you will probably not have professional gear.

Fortunately, today, teenagers have options to start their filmmaking careers. The new smartphone models come with a great camera. They can purchase a small tripod or gimbal and a small light. They can create a small portfolio. However, how do they get into the industry once they have a portfolio?

• 43 posts
    January 17, 2023 2:47 AM PST

I discovered my passion for filmmaking when I was a teenager. My parents would encourage me to pursue a career as a doctor or a lawyer. I could not see myself as a doctor or a lawyer and it was difficult to explain to them that I wish to go and study Filmmaking in Berlin. It is difficult to get into the film industry and I am trying the path of studying Filmmaking.

• 82 posts
    January 17, 2023 2:50 AM PST

I saw kids post videos on how they try VFX or how they recreate scenes from popular TV Shows. They also tell a story on how they did this. They get a lot of views. Maybe this is the answer.