Forums » General Forum

New member works in film marketing and distribution.

• May 29, 2015 2:18 PM PDT
    Hello,
    Let me introduce myself, My name is Kim Timmons  and I am a new member who just completed my degree in College (Film, Marketing, Business Management) and I wanted to get right to the point.

There are a lot of filmmakers here, many are following the same old blueprints, even creative ideas of "other" indy filmmakers.There are so many books, so much advice and the so called experts telling you how to make your film, how to market your film, where to enter into what festivals, uploading on-line, making a profit, the future of Independent film. All of this will only boggle your mind.
    You can forget about the legitimacy of film festivals, and securing a distribution deal with some major distribution company, you know this also, your just spending lots of time and money.
    There are new ways of creating films, and marketing, most of this is not being fed to the masses on-line however.If you have a great film trailer, and I mean A GREAT Film Trailer, post it here, if its great ( not good) I will get in touch and we can go from there. Think in ways of the record labels, they use to listen to the first 20 seconds of the song, they required only 3 songs, you had 3 chances, that was it, if you didn't get it on the first 20 seconds, you were out. Thats what I want, make it powerful short and sweet. I can promote it, make it happen, this is what I am paid to do.
    I work for my fathers business who is well known in the film distribution game. Bring them on. KS
    • 39 posts
    June 12, 2016 7:45 AM PDT

Hi Kim,

Thank you

Kim

This post was edited by Kim Welch at May 23, 2020 9:48 AM PDT