Forums » Production Jobs

How hard can it be to find a good job?

• 22 posts
    April 20, 2021 1:31 AM PDT

Based on your own experience, how hard was it for you to find a good job? Since the pandemic started I am still struggling to find one on Georgia. Hard times ahead. How's it for you?

• 27 posts
    May 5, 2021 1:57 AM PDT

It used to be hard, now it's harder because of the pandemic. But after you make a name for yourself and you make a few good projects it gets easier. Portfolio is everything really....

• 43 posts
    June 20, 2021 9:43 AM PDT

To find a good job is always a difficult task. First you need to find the people in the industry you would like to work with, start up by doing internships and volunteer in projects then get noticed and end up having a good job.

• 7 posts
    July 14, 2021 12:40 PM PDT

I suggest seeking temorary work at Film Festivals and Film Markets if there are any near you. My daughter took a high school diploma and a temp job at the AFM in 2007, worked hard and got picked up by Morgan Creek as a receptionist and then assistant, and is now a Production Manasger for Thinkwell.

• 40 posts
    February 7, 2022 2:37 AM PST

If you don't know anyone and you are a fresh face in the industry, it is not easy. But once you get yourself known out there, it should be very easy because you get to know the right people

• 47 posts
    June 27, 2022 3:48 AM PDT
    Kay Luke said:

I suggest seeking temorary work at Film Festivals and Film Markets if there are any near you. My daughter took a high school diploma and a temp job at the AFM in 2007, worked hard and got picked up by Morgan Creek as a receptionist and then assistant, and is now a Production Manasger for Thinkwell.

This is a great advice! Thank you! I have never even considered this to be an option.