Forums » General Forum

Tips on how to get the props you need for your project

• 397 posts
    April 20, 2022 3:34 AM PDT

When you are working on a project, you will need different props. Depending on your location, it can be easier or harder to obtain those props. There are a few options that you might have:

1. Craft your own props

This option is time consuming and requires skill, creativity and raw materials. You can also use a 3D printer. A more expensive alternative is to hire someone to craft the props for you.

2. Buy your props

You can try purchasing your props online. The problem is that you might need custom-made props for your project and you might not be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

3. Rent your props

If you live in an area where rental is an option, you can rent your props. There are plenty rental places you can choose from.

How do you get the props that you need for your project?

• 57 posts
    April 20, 2022 3:43 AM PDT

You don't have to be too skilled to print your own props. I saw the video you posted last week and I was pretty impressed by how that person created his own Iron Man suit. I mean yes, the easiest way is to rent but sometimes that option is just not available to you for various reasons.

• 43 posts
    April 20, 2022 3:49 AM PDT

I saw a very cool video on YouTube with a prop rental house. It is located in Los Angeles. If it is all right, I will share it here. 
    If I ever go visit Los Angeles, I would be so happy to visit places like this one. I think I would be like a little kid who just entered the cool toy store if I would ever go there. :D
    This was the video I saw:

• 397 posts
    April 20, 2022 3:50 AM PDT
    Marianna Schmidt said:

I saw a very cool video on YouTube with a prop rental house. It is located in Los Angeles. If it is all right, I will share it here. 
    If I ever go visit Los Angeles, I would be so happy to visit places like this one. I think I would be like a little kid who just entered the cool toy store if I would ever go there. :D
    This was the video I saw:

That is actually a very cool place to visit!

• 55 posts
    April 21, 2022 11:03 AM PDT

The city where you live in affects the amount of time and work you have to put into your movies. Some cities are just great because you have good actors you can count on, great rental options for cameras and equipment and of course, for props. But if you live somewhere where none of these are available, you have to work harder and get creative.