Forums » Composers

How would you compose the music for a horror scene?

• 43 posts
    May 11, 2022 2:45 AM PDT

I need your advice in composing the music for a horror scene. I have little to no experience and you could say I am just starting to learn. Any advice helps!

For context...I am currently following a BA at MetFilm School in Berlin. I am working on a project and because I am not really a composer or even talented with music, I am having trouble with a horror scene. The assignment is to create a horror scene of our choice but it needs music too...because of the constant copyright problems, I have decided to give it a try and compose my own music for the project. The scene is not very long, it will be maximum 2 minutes long.

• 397 posts
    May 11, 2022 2:56 AM PDT

It could be difficult to compose your own track without prior experience. For starters, you could try working with loops in FL Studio.

• 43 posts
    May 11, 2022 2:58 AM PDT

Isn't FL Studio difficult to use? I never used it before

• 397 posts
    May 11, 2022 3:02 AM PDT

Everything is hard when you are just starting. In time, you gain experience and it becomes easier. There are many tutorials on youtube that can help you :D

• 43 posts
    May 11, 2022 3:02 AM PDT

You are right!

• 1 posts
    May 12, 2022 4:04 PM PDT

hi marianna if you want i can help you with the music of the scene

• July 6, 2022 2:28 AM PDT

I would use classical music, which would be loud and scarry with the right video scenes.