Forums » Film School

How many years is a film school?

• 24 posts
    September 7, 2022 7:01 AM PDT

I want to apply for Film School in the near future and I have done a lot of research online about this. However, I am confused. I saw that some Film Schools have educational programs that last courses that last 1 or 2 years, while others last for 3 or 4 years. How many years is a Film School??

• 43 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:09 AM PDT

I am a student at Met Film School in Berlin, Germany and my BA program has 2 years. 

• 24 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:12 AM PDT
    Marianna Schmidt said:

I am a student at Met Film School in Berlin, Germany and my BA program has 2 years. 

I saw that as well for London Film School. Weren't BA degrees supposed to take 3 years to complete and Master's degrees to take 2 years? This is what gets me confused.

• 397 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:17 AM PDT

I know three people who studied at Middlesex University in London. They went for a Film BA. Took them 3 years to graduate. Here you can find the modules they studied.

• 24 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:22 AM PDT
    Maura Nicolaita said:

I know three people who studied at Middlesex University in London. They went for a Film BA. Took them 3 years to graduate. Here you can find the modules they studied.

Never heard of this Film School before. Thanks for the link, Maura! 

• 397 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:23 AM PDT
    Harry Edwards said:
    Maura Nicolaita said:

Never heard of this Film School before. Thanks for the link, Maura! 

The fun fact is that all 3 people are from my hometown. I live in Romania. I don't know why they went for this specific Film School to be honest.