Forums » Photography

How do I get better at photography?

• 38 posts
    December 12, 2022 1:26 PM PST

I have previously started a debate, asking whether photography is a skill or a talent. Your insights have helped me understand that I do have a chance of becomming a good photographer if I work hard and study the art of photography. 

With this in mind, I am asking for your advice once again. How do I get better at photography? What can I do to become a better photographer?

• 57 posts
    December 13, 2022 5:30 AM PST

You go for a regular walk. It can be each day, or once a week, it depends on your schedule. During that walk, you try to take a few photos. You can try to capture the smile of a child on the street or a nice old lady. You could try taking a photo of a dog. You can even try to take a photo of a building. From this, you will learn to master your equipment a bit better. Here, in Budapest, most photographers I know do this walk.

• 38 posts
    December 13, 2022 5:31 AM PST
    Istvan Kovacs said:

You go for a regular walk. It can be each day, or once a week, it depends on your schedule. During that walk, you try to take a few photos. You can try to capture the smile of a child on the street or a nice old lady. You could try taking a photo of a dog. You can even try to take a photo of a building. From this, you will learn to master your equipment a bit better. Here, in Budapest, most photographers I know do this walk.

A walk? Interesting concept. I could try it as well! Thank you, sir!