Forums » Drones

Can you fly drones under 250g anywhere?

• January 5, 2023 11:33 AM PST

I am writing to inquire about the regulations on flying drones under 250g. I am a mother and am interested in purchasing a drone for recreational use that my 12 y/o son can use. I want to make sure I understand the regulations and laws so that I can fly safely and responsibly.
    In particular, I would like to know if I can fly a drone anywhere, or if there are restrictions in place. Are there any designated areas where I can fly a drone, and if so, what are they? Are there any areas where I am prohibited from flying a drone?
    I also want to know what safety precautions I should take when flying my drone. Are there any specific rules or regulations that I should follow? Are there any additional safety requirements that I should be aware of?
    Finally, I would like to know if there are any other regulations I should be aware of before flying my drone. Are there any restrictions on flying drones in certain areas, such as near airports or other restricted areas?

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 5, 2023 11:34 AM PST
    • 55 posts
    January 10, 2023 2:29 AM PST

No, you can't. There are many laws you need to be aware of. For example, you are not allowed to bypass the private property of others. You are not allowed to fly those drones too close to some people. And I am pretty sure GDPR is also a thing.