Forums » General Forum

Need an Editor?

• April 1, 2009 9:47 AM PDT

Hello!

My name is Meghan Abalos, I am current a Digital Filmmaking Student looking for work to edit for my senior thesis.  I have nine plus years experience working with final cut pro.  Contact me at mabalos@nmsu.edu if interested!

Thank you

Meghan Abalos

• May 28, 2009 11:32 PM PDT

My name is K. Rhyan Riesgo and I am a film composer in Los Angeles.  At my tender of fifteen I have only done one short film that was actually filmed in Florida.  I started writing music at the age of 11 and have continued to do so playing in bands, and writing music in the silence(not so much) of my room.  I have never "stuidied" music, although I do read drum music and know and understand the basic formats and terms of sheet music. 

1.  To record I hook up my Bluebird microphone above my falcone grand piano and just play... so technically, it would be a live recording.  BUT in the past, before the grand piano, named Skigh http://studentfilmmakers.network/file/smile/biggrin.gif" mce_src="http://studentfilmmakers.network/file/smile/biggrin.gif" alt="" phpfox="image-protect">, and my
    high-tech" gizmoes and gadgets, I recorded with a MIDI basic keyboard I got for like $100 at the apple store, and don't get me wrong it's actually really great!

2.  Like I said before, I don't write music on paper.  I am also a fan and user of Finaleprint music for MAC, I find it extremely useful for muscians like moi. And I record with garageband... I have Logic Studio but get really, really lazy when it comes to setting it up, and I know garageband like the back of my hand already which is why I choose to use that program.

3.  I most definitely write music in the solo piano sense.. kind of eerie and times, and kind of mellow at others.  I don't really write "happy" music.. for some odd reason all my pieces are sad.

My favorite score would probably be jon Brion's eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... hence, Jon Brion, Danny Elfman(duh), Philip Glass, and Yann Tiersenn are among my favorite composers.  And then their are my favorite bands.. which the list continues.  Anyways... please feel free to ask me any other questions.

- Rhyan | myspace.com/rhyanrossi