Forums » General Forum

Share Your Favourite Documentary and What Makes It So Powerful

• 397 posts
    April 27, 2023 2:59 AM PDT

Documentaries are a powerful way to tell stories, shed light on important issues, and create meaningful conversations. They have the power to inspire change and connect with audiences in a profound way.

That’s why I wanted to start a discussion about our favourite documentaries and what makes them so powerful. What’s your favourite documentary, and why does it resonate with you? What makes it stand out among the countless other documentaries out there?

For me, one of my favourite documentaries is “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” directed by David Gelb. It’s a beautifully shot and intimate portrait of Jiro Ono, an 85-year-old sushi master in Tokyo, Japan. The film explores Jiro’s dedication to his craft and his relentless pursuit of perfection, as well as his relationships with his sons who also work in the restaurant. What makes this documentary so powerful is how it shows the passion and dedication required to become a true master in any field, and the sacrifices that must be made along the way.

What about you? What’s your favourite documentary, and what makes it so powerful? Is it the storytelling, the cinematography, or the subject matter itself? Let us know in the comments below, and share your favourite documentaries with the group. I’m excited to discover new documentaries and hear about what makes them so impactful!

This post was edited by Maura Nicolaita at April 27, 2023 2:59 AM PDT