Forums » Cinematography

What’s Your Favourite Camera to Shoot With and Why?

• 397 posts
    April 28, 2023 6:39 AM PDT

As filmmakers, we all have our go-to cameras for different types of projects. Some of us might prefer a certain brand or model for its image quality, while others might prioritize portability or ease of use.

That’s why I wanted to start a discussion about our favourite cameras to shoot with and what makes them so great. What camera do you prefer to use, and why? Is it the image quality, the ease of use, or something else entirely?

For me, my favourite camera to shoot with is the Sony A7S II. It’s a full-frame mirrorless camera that excels in low-light situations, which is great for shooting in challenging environments. The image quality is also fantastic, and the camera is relatively compact and easy to transport. Overall, it’s a versatile camera that works well for a variety of different projects.

What about you? What’s your favourite camera to shoot with, and what makes it stand out? Let us know in the comments below, and share your experiences with different cameras. I’m excited to hear about the cameras that work well for different types of projects and situations!