Forums » General Forum

DISTRIBUTOR NEEDS FILMS

• January 17, 2009 3:31 PM PST

DISTRIBUTOR NEEDS FILMS Reel Focus Films an established media company is launching a distribution program. We are looking for emerging filmmakers and can assist in promotion, screenings, press releases, festival submissions, professional poster design, dvd design and sales, duplication, promotional materials, director photo shoots and other services necessary to promote our filmmakers and their films. Call Todd at 206-334-6590 or email Todd@reelfocusfilms.com

• March 26, 2009 9:17 AM PDT

[blockquote] said:

Cool topic. I'm by no means an expert either but here is my 2 bits worth

1. It would seem to me, depending on the film there is a real mix of both live elements and computer based music in film. Of course if you have a film set in the 'good ol days' or medieval times vs modern or futuristic films, it's going to affect what’s asked for.

2. I primarily use FL Studio rewired to Pro tools as an instrument track. I use FL for any 'electronic' or virtual instruments and Pro tools for tracking anything I play live. I'm more of a musician with recording gear, than a trained composer, so every thing I do is played, whether its midi based or live. I seldom use anything featuring notation or programming notes.

3. I definitely am not a traditional ‘composer’, as my primary taste for music is rock, metal, and blues. That being said I try to incorporate more of a composition style of writing/recording in my creation process. When I write a rock song for example I'm doing my best to make it as epic and dramatic as possible. Also I tend to shy away from modern song structures like the verse chorus verse type thing. I guess you could call a lot of my music modern day rhapsodies. Part of this is also due to the fact that I'm also gearing a lot of my music towards other mediums like games and web sites.

[/blockquote]

Glad to get your response on this! Always good to get feedback and information from all levels in the industry. Seems to me that there's something to learn from everyone. Just because people like you and I might be a little inexperienced, doesn't mean we haven't found a process that others can still learn from!

I do actually still work on music in FL Studio. Most of my orchestral work is done in Finale, but my electronic ambient/downtempo music is done in FL. I love that program for that. Has some great synths, and the sample library and the options that go with it are pretty good.

Thanks for jumping in on the topic..hope to get more of this going as time goes on!

Mike