Forums » General Forum

dJDragon7k on youtube

• January 15, 2009 7:55 AM PST

http://youtube.com/djdragon7kI appreciate comments and suggestions.

• March 20, 2009 10:26 AM PDT

Cool topic. I'm by no means an expert either but here is my 2 bits worth

1. It would seem to me, depending on the film there is a real mix of both live elements and computer based music in film. Of course if you have a film set in the 'good ol days' or medieval times vs modern or futuristic films, it's going to affect what’s asked for.

2. I primarily use FL Studio rewired to Pro tools as an instrument track. I use FL for any 'electronic' or virtual instruments and Pro tools for tracking anything I play live. I'm more of a musician with recording gear, than a trained composer, so every thing I do is played, whether its midi based or live. I seldom use anything featuring notation or programming notes.

3. I definitely am not a traditional ‘composer’, as my primary taste for music is rock, metal, and blues. That being said I try to incorporate more of a composition style of writing/recording in my creation process. When I write a rock song for example I'm doing my best to make it as epic and dramatic as possible. Also I tend to shy away from modern song structures like the verse chorus verse type thing. I guess you could call a lot of my music modern day rhapsodies. Part of this is also due to the fact that I'm also gearing a lot of my music towards other mediums like games and web sites.