Forums » General Forum

CineStory Nonprofit for Screenwriters

• October 8, 2008 6:28 PM PDT
    Hi! [br][br] I wanted to let the Student Filmmakers community know about CineStory and what we do. For over a decade, CineStory has been a one of a kind nonprofit dedicated to nurturing screenwriters through mentorship programs. To this end, CineStory runs an annual screenwriting competition the top 16 writers of which are invited to our October Writer's Retreat. [br][br]The CineStory Writer's Retreat is four days of heaven in the beautiful mountains of Idyllwild, California. Retreat attendees get four 90-minute one-on-one sessions with CineStory mentors, all of whom are practicing and respected industry professionals. During these meetings they can discuss everything from the script(s) they submitted for feedback to jump-starting their writing careers. [br][br]When not meeting in one-on-one sessions, writers participate in "informal rooms". These are interactive sessions with panels of 2-3 mentors, which cover everything from pitching like a pro to the state of filmmaking in the digital age. In addition, mentors and writers gather for meals, drinks, film screenings and other special events. [br][br]CineStory's mentors and past winners include creative personnel behind such films as IRON MAN, BALLAST, THE CHILDREN OF MEN, EVENT HORIZON, THE DANGEROUS LIVES OF ALTAR BOYS, FIREWALL, FINDING NEVERLAND, BAND OF BROTHERS, THE PACIFIC, WIT and many others. [br][br]2009 CineStory Screenwriting Awards Earlybird Deadline: November 16th, 2008 [br][br]Eligibility: Any writers without produced feature credits. [br][br]Rules: Please visit [link="http://www.cinestory.org"] www.cinestory.org [/link] for all rules and guidelines.
  • April 16, 2008 11:24 PM PDT

its a great camera, i live in modesto and shoot a lot of t.v. stuff and short films on it. there the new hvx500 as well as the hvx3000, i hear those are great as well. later kris