Forums » General Forum

independent film network

• November 26, 2007 3:27 AM PST
    I love the film itself.
    Through films, I can share my life experiences, tell my thoughts, and capturing others’ life. Once I was involved into a film making, I realized there is a collective work, where a production management, supervising creative works, targeting the audience, distributing and marketing are not only to be well planned and prepared but also need to be done on time on budget. It challenges me to learn how to do that.
    Together with all my friends we’ve developed Fourcolours Films in 2001, an independent film community in Jogjakarta, Indonesia. ‘Try and Error’ was our method in film producing at the beginning. For the first three years we’ve produced four short movies and yet we knew how to launch and screen them. We were also in debt. We’ve changed into an ‘Ask and Share’ method to solve those problems. This method brought me to meet others Indonesian filmmakers who have suffered the same experiences. And I found an independent film network there.
    Film networking is very important for me as a film producer; with this network all films that I’ve produced can be widely distributed. However, I am still far away from finish. Now I have been trying to extend this network. Not only books and film production literatures but also learning through meeting and discussing with well-experienced persons or independent film communities from other side world, to gain the knowledge to be shared here, in Indonesia. I also want to introduce and show the Indonesian films, the culture, the network, the collapse of Indonesian film industry.
    Meeting many producers from many countries with different basic culture and industrial systems will open the opportunity of sharing the network and reach the possibility in cooperating film production.
    I also have questions about film production and its network.
    Does this network will make an opportunity for independent filmmakers to produce films outside their country or cooperating with other filmmakers from other countries?
    Is there a possibility for an independent short film to be internationally distributed?
  • March 17, 2007 3:15 AM PDT
    I remember it was... er... something based upon the short story "The Last Martian", I don't remember the author of that, I was just, like, 14. The first "original" one I remember quite clearly was called "Gone for Good" and, like it's title, it's gone for good, I don't know where to find that :P