Forums » General Forum

How to find actors all over the world or at least USA

• June 6, 2012 12:18 AM PDT

I have planned that I will make a million mile road trip and film it. If everything goes well I begin my trip 15.6.2013 and then just drive the car next 5 - 8 years. I will drive almost every place on earth and I think that it would be great for my documentary if I could get some local people for showing best of their towns. Currently I am planning my trip and trying to get more publicity so sponsors would get interested. While planning I have tried to get to know people who could show their town, but that's the hard part. I thought that it would be very easy to find people who would take a part of this kind of film, but it really isn't. I think main reason is because I haven't found the right places to look for them. How you find a actors when you need them? Is the only way for me to contact all local actor communities(?) that if there are any interested actor instead of trying to get actors to contact me or is there a good place where I could sent my info and lot of actors would see that?

• June 6, 2012 9:44 AM PDT

You could check the members on my wall.

There might be many enthusiastic people that I've welcomed to this site.

If they arent coming to you...you might have to go to them :)

• June 17, 2012 2:30 AM PDT

[blockquote]Ville Kiviniemi said:

I have planned that I will make a million mile road trip and film it. If everything goes well I begin my trip 15.6.2013 and then just drive the car next 5 - 8 years. I will drive almost every place on earth and I think that it would be great for my documentary if I could get some local people for showing best of their towns. Currently I am planning my trip and trying to get more publicity so sponsors would get interested. While planning I have tried to get to know people who could show their town, but that's the hard part. I thought that it would be very easy to find people who would take a part of this kind of film, but it really isn't. I think main reason is because I haven't found the right places to look for them. How you find a actors when you need them? Is the only way for me to contact all local actor communities(?) that if there are any interested actor instead of trying to get actors to contact me or is there a good place where I could sent my info and lot of actors would see that?

[/blockquote]

well you can post on facebook or linkdin or twitter

or actors access boards

im a actor so i should know

• October 15, 2014 3:03 PM PDT

Have you tried Backstage.com?