Forums » Film Festivals and Filmmaking Contests

EDINBURGH SHORT FILM FESTIVAL IS LOOKING FOR RISING STARS - INTE

• 9 posts
    May 22, 2016 2:19 PM PDT
    We're delighted Film Festival Life have covered the Edinburgh Short Film Festival in their latest blog - with an interview, discussions on what makes a good short film and submission tips amongst other things!

http://www.blog.filmfestivallife.com/2016/05/18/edinburgh-short-film-festival/ src="public/album_photo/2000000/1002000/1001422/73446.jpg" alt="" >
    • 39 posts
    June 9, 2016 1:24 PM PDT
    Did you select the winners?
    • 9 posts
    June 9, 2016 2:29 PM PDT
    Hi Kim

not yet! The winner will be announced on the closing night of the Edinburgh Short Film Festival on Nov 6th!
    Thanks for your question!

all the best

Paul
    • 39 posts
    June 12, 2016 7:15 AM PDT
    Please keep us updated about the festival. What is it like in Edinburgh?
    • 9 posts
    June 13, 2016 12:27 AM PDT
    Hi Kim
    thanks for liking!
    We will do, we're closing in on our deadline - though looks like we might have to have a deadline extension for a few days as I'll possibly have to be away on the 27th!
    We;ll keep you posted with material as we go!
    Hope all is well where you are!
    Paul
    • 9 posts
    June 13, 2016 12:28 AM PDT
    Edinburgh is a good city to hold a festival in, the locals and arts venues are experienced at it and the local authority is pretty supportive, also turnout is usually pretty good - unless we get storms!
  • June 14, 2016 4:17 PM PDT

[blockquote]Paul Bruce said:

Hi Kim
    thanks for liking!
    We will do, we're closing in on our deadline - though looks like we might have to have a deadline extension for a few days as I'll possibly have to be away on the 27th!
    We;ll keep you posted with material as we go!
    Hope all is well where you are!
    Paul

[/blockquote]

What kind of short movies can you enter into the competition. My 15 year old son does lego stop action movies
  • June 14, 2016 4:26 PM PDT
    Might as well put up the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SXy7AR2VD8
    • 9 posts
    June 15, 2016 6:02 AM PDT
    Nice film Des, you got some pretty impressive stop-motion work going on there!
    It's obviously what Lego was made for!
    All the best with it!
    Paul