Forums » Screenwriting

Finishing a Screenplay Soon

• 39 posts
    March 4, 2021 5:44 AM PST

One of my many partially finished screen plays is shaping up!To be honest I started reading the Syd Field screenwriting books and that has helped me get into structure.

• 22 posts
    April 20, 2021 1:18 AM PDT

How hard was it for you to write a screenplay? I never tried but I would like to give it a shot someday

• 6 posts
    April 20, 2021 4:06 PM PDT

Nice. Always important to get to the finish line even if you're not really feeling the draft or think it's not coming out exactly as you had enviosoned.

• 397 posts
    April 20, 2021 11:00 PM PDT

Good luck with the script writing!!! Keep us updated!

• 39 posts
    April 22, 2021 11:01 AM PDT

I was getting to the finish line and then I told someone in the business about the screenplay and they said it was too easy to know what was going to happen. I am not so sure that is a bad thing because you get to share in the main character's experience as it happens to him.

• 397 posts
    April 23, 2021 12:37 AM PDT

If the story is relatable, most people will think about their own experiences and they would love the plot :)

• 22 posts
    April 23, 2021 12:41 AM PDT

Life itself is easy to know where it will be going, what makes it harder to know are unpredictable events that occur on the way. For example, if you go to college and learn Engineering, it is predictable you will have a good job as an Engineer. But you don't see Engineering students say their life is too predictable 

• 39 posts
    December 31, 2021 3:07 AM PST

I was just reading about cameras and I thought I should jump over and look at the screenwriting forum because of the fact that we are telling stories with those cameras and the camera is not going to make you a good storyteller and I don't care if it's 4K, 6K, 8K or 24K it's not going to be gold unless you are telling good stories. I got off track with all the work and Covid. Even though I said I was not going to make a new year resolution in the last issue of the magazine's publisher note I think I need to get back into the don't break the chain state of mind and write every day.