Forums » Film Festivals and Filmmaking Contests

What do you think about online electronic shows?

• 22 posts
    April 20, 2021 1:27 AM PDT

The pandemic has cancelled most events but I've seen some of them have moved online. Do you believe they can offer the same experience as a real festival?

For me, if I can't go and meet new people to talk to and SEE those booths, it's boring really

• 27 posts
    May 5, 2021 1:54 AM PDT

The online electronic shows are ok but they are not as fun as attending a real festival. You go to a festival to meet people you can work with and form some kind of a bond with them, you can't do this online. It's just not the same thing

• 26 posts
    May 23, 2021 11:59 PM PDT

The internet can be used for so much...but not for everything...we are humans, not robots and we have needs...the need to go out, the need to socialize, the need to meet other humans like us that are on the same page and doing it all from your house feels like prison

• 39 posts
    May 24, 2021 1:46 AM PDT

I agree with Emily and more. We actually need hugs and physical contact. I think we need to be outside of the rooms the boxes and we need to be able to be with each other in physical proximity. I don't think we know the effects of staying in and trying to do everything via the internet. It's like being in a cage. 

This post was edited by Kim Welch at May 24, 2021 1:51 AM PDT
    • 397 posts
    May 24, 2021 1:50 AM PDT

With a VR Headset or even on a laptop or PC, an electronic show can be a high-tech innovation. It can be fun and people could interact there. But it's not the same thing as a real event. I remember going to events before the pandemic and having such a good time while making new connections. I miss this. I attended many electronic shows, sure, they were fun but they were not the same thing :) 

• 39 posts
    May 24, 2021 2:04 AM PDT

This is from last week during my lunch break in NYC

• 397 posts
    May 24, 2021 2:40 AM PDT

It has been a while since I last saw so many people enjoying a drink outdoor

• 26 posts
    May 24, 2021 4:07 AM PDT

The people did not have the chance to do this for far too long! It makes me so happy to see that things are slowly getting back to normal!!

• 82 posts
    June 20, 2021 9:41 AM PDT

There is NOTHING like the REAL shows, with REAL people. In my humble opinion, electronic shows should be used only as an addition to REAL shows, only for those people who cannot make it to give them a piece of what is happening there and motivate them to be present in the following years. It will never be the same thing and it will never offer the same experiences as going physically there and seeing so many likeminded people just like you.