Forums » Post Production

What was the most challenging project you worked on?

• 27 posts
    June 20, 2021 9:49 AM PDT

In post production, you edit your footage, add special effects, color grading etc. But even an experienced filmmaker can find it difficult to edit the footage in post production and the rest of the team might rely too much on it and not take enough footage or do not pay attention to several details. For you, what were the most challenging project that you worked on? If you have videos too, feel free to share. Looking forward for you answers!

• 26 posts
    June 20, 2021 9:51 AM PDT

I am only a student at the moment, learning the fundamentals of filmmaking but even so, I had a hard time working on projects at uni. I am always thinking that it is harder now because I work with others that are as unexperienced as I am. There are many mistakes that are being made that are so hard to fix in post production and everyone is so calm...because they always say it will be fixed in post production. I like to think that when you work with professionals it is easy because everyone knows what he is doing.

• 56 posts
    June 20, 2021 9:54 AM PDT
    Emily Wilkes said:

I am only a student at the moment, learning the fundamentals of filmmaking but even so, I had a hard time working on projects at uni. I am always thinking that it is harder now because I work with others that are as unexperienced as I am. There are many mistakes that are being made that are so hard to fix in post production and everyone is so calm...because they always say it will be fixed in post production. I like to think that when you work with professionals it is easy because everyone knows what he is doing.

If you work with the big guys and big names, this is less likely to happen. But if you work with normal people like you and me...this will probably happen a lot.