Forums » Career & Internships

Any advice on how to get accepted to a Filmmaking Internship?

• 47 posts
    May 24, 2022 4:51 AM PDT

Good day! As some of you already know, I am currently a Filmmaking Student. During my student years, I wish to gain experience in the Filmmaking industry. For this purpose, I started searching and applying for internships. I think I am doing something wrong, because I did not get accepted to any of them yet.

What could I do better when applying for internships? How can I start building the experience I will so much need after I graduate?

• July 6, 2022 2:25 AM PDT

Don't stop believing in yourself and don't stop applying for internships! It might take a while, but if you keep on doing it, you will get the job!

• July 9, 2022 2:56 PM PDT

I tried and it is hard. I sent so many e-mails, so many messages. What truly helps is to meet the people in person, because by doing so, you can get noticed. They receive hundreds if not thousands of emails every day...it is hard to get noticed.  Try going to a Film Festival. Try volunteering in the organization team of a Film Festival. Anything that can get you started. 

• 82 posts
    January 17, 2023 2:52 AM PST

Always remember that you have value. Maybe you don't know many things but you can learn many things in the years to come. No one was born knowing it all! Try showing your desire to learn and give your all during the internship interview.