Forums » Production Jobs

Do short Summer jobs count as experience?

• 38 posts
    July 25, 2022 12:00 AM PDT

I am currently on Summer break from Uni and I was thinking of getting a Summer job. I know that after I will graduate and I will start applying for jobs, the first thing I will get asked is “what is your experience?”. It is difficult to build up your experience when you have none. For this reason, I was considering getting a very simple job that does not require much experience, like Runner. However, the problem is that Uni starts again in the autumn so I cannot hold to this job for longer than a couple of months. Would this short job count as work experience in my Resume?

• 397 posts
    July 25, 2022 12:11 AM PDT

This sounds like a great idea! I encourage you to go for it! You might learn new things from seeing how things are done on set even if it is just for a short amoung of time. 

• July 25, 2022 12:16 AM PDT

There is no better way to learn than by going there and see how it's done! Even if you have a small job, all you need to do is to find your small door to enter this industry!

• 82 posts
    October 8, 2022 1:05 PM PDT

Everything matters. Everything counts. How else can you learn? Go for it!

• 38 posts
    January 15, 2023 5:12 AM PST

Thank you everyone for your answers! I couldn't find a summer job, however, I managed to do some volunteering and it was a great experience! Hopefully, I will have a summer job this year.