Forums » Immersive Storytelling VR/AR & AI Tools

Can I use VR if I wear glasses?

• 47 posts
    August 22, 2022 9:28 PM PDT

This question is probably the first ones that pops in your mind if you wear glasses. Don’t worry, you won’t have to use the VR headset without your glasses on. You can easily wear a standard VR headset with your glasses on and enjoy the full experience of virtual reality.

How can I use the VR Headset with my glasses on?

Option 1: Use Glasses Spacers for your VR Headset
    It’s easy! First, you need to adjust the straps of the headset in a position that is comfortable for you. After the straps have been adjusted, you need an accessory item called “spacers”. The spacers need to be inserted behind the cushions. This means that you first need to gently remove the inner cushion in the headset and insert the glasses spacer.

In this short tutorial from YouTube, you can see how to install the Glasses Spacer for Oculus Quest 2.

Other VR headsets, such as HTC Vive, come with build in glass spacer.

Option 2: Use Prescription Lens for your VR Headset

Aside from the Glasses Spacer, there is another alternative to enjoying the clarity of a virtual reality experience. Most VR Headset producers also sell prescription lens inserts for their device. They are believed to be a better alternative because the clarity of the image, which goes up to 8k resolution for both eyes, can impact the quality of the user experience. Companies cannot afford to lose customers because they see a blurry image.

Of course, aside from using these accessories, you should always remember to clean both your glasses and your VR to prevent blurriness. 

This post was edited by Julia Doyle at August 22, 2022 9:29 PM PDT
    • 82 posts
    August 24, 2022 12:00 AM PDT

I don't think many people know that you can use VR with your glasses on. That is actually a cool feature! When you go to the movie theatre and you wear glasses, the 3D glasses are not so well adapted so most people would assume it is the same with any other technology

• 43 posts
    August 25, 2022 10:57 PM PDT
    Anong Lawan said:

I don't think many people know that you can use VR with your glasses on. That is actually a cool feature! When you go to the movie theatre and you wear glasses, the 3D glasses are not so well adapted so most people would assume it is the same with any other technology

They created the "6D Cinema" to view movies, I doubt it will be this much of a problem to create the "VR Cinema".