Forums » Immersive Storytelling VR/AR & AI Tools

What movies would you create for Virtual Reality?

• 43 posts
    August 29, 2022 12:09 AM PDT

Hallo!

I have read in previous posts that VR is an immersive simulation that could be a great fit for horror films. I was also thinking how incredible it would be to watch an immersive documentary, even though it would be more difficult to make a documentary about a WW2 scenario without using CGI and digital 3D models. I would imagine, however, putting on my headset and step into the Amazon rainforest or into the Savanna and finding out about the wild life in a safely manner that will leave no negative impact on it and would not endanger my life as well.

What I believe would be easier to create in VR are movies that promote tourism. I live in Berlin, it would be easier for me to create a film and to showcase the major touristic attractions in an immersive way and someone from UK, USA (or some other part of the world) could put on the headset and enjoy the show. Such films are already being made and showed on the main television but they are not made for virtual reality and the experience is not so immersive. I could also use my imagination and create a story to engage the audience, not just show the places and talk like a guide about them. Just like detective “Lupin” is promoting beautiful places in France, especially in Paris. Of course, I would not have the budget or means to create something this big but I could start with a short film.

• 397 posts
    August 29, 2022 12:13 AM PDT

I actually enjoyed watching how Lupin was walking around Paris and other places in his adventures. I do not know if there is a character similar to Lupin in Germany but you can also get creative and write an engaging script. :D If you start this project, keep us updated! I will be one of your viewers!

• 82 posts
    August 29, 2022 10:31 PM PDT

You, Marianna, have a very rich imagination. I like your idea! I live in Thai, here we have great festivals that could make great VR touristic experiences! I think they would be really fun to watch. 

• 40 posts
    August 30, 2022 10:16 PM PDT

To better answer this question first I need to be in the place of the viewer. The question then becomes: what movies would I like to see in VR? The answer is confusing because first, I have no idea what movies I can watch there and second, I have no idea how much I would actually enjoy watching those movies. From this, I draw the conclusion that the viewer doesn't really know what it wants to see so we can provide him options and alternatives he can choose from and start from there. I would create short stories of how I take pictures during my hikes on the mountains. I think people would love to see that. The view is great!

• 397 posts
    August 30, 2022 10:17 PM PDT
    Charlotte Davis said:

To better answer this question first I need to be in the place of the viewer. The question then becomes: what movies would I like to see in VR? The answer is confusing because first, I have no idea what movies I can watch there and second, I have no idea how much I would actually enjoy watching those movies. From this, I draw the conclusion that the viewer doesn't really know what it wants to see so we can provide him options and alternatives he can choose from and start from there. I would create short stories of how I take pictures during my hikes on the mountains. I think people would love to see that. The view is great!

And if you have a dog that comes with you, he could be your main character! :D

This post was edited by Maura Nicolaita at August 30, 2022 10:18 PM PDT
    • 40 posts
    August 30, 2022 10:18 PM PDT
    Maura Nicolaita said:
    Charlotte Davis said:

And if you have a dog that comes with you, he could be your main character! :D

That is actually a great idea, Maura!