Forums » Film School

Is London Film School worth?

• 24 posts
    September 8, 2022 12:53 AM PDT

I am currently doing research on multiple film schools. It is difficult to decide which one is the right fit for me. I live in United Kingdom so most of my research is conducted on Film Schools from UK and Europe. I started reading reviews from graduates about London Film School and they were mixed opinions. Their website ( https://lfs.org.uk ) looks really good and their courses look promising. Has any of you attended London Film School? Is London Film School worth the time and money?

• 43 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:04 AM PDT

I was asking the same thing before going to Film School here, in Germany. It is worth it here, it is worth it there too! But don't make the mistake to believe that all you need to do is to go to that school, you still need to do plenty activities and extracurricular work to make it worth for you.

• 7 posts
    November 21, 2022 2:01 AM PST

My high school buddy is currently a student at London Film School. I asked him this question. He said that in his opinion, Film School is worth it only if you will spend each hour and day learning about filmmaking, doing short films and attend classes. Film School is not worth it if you only want a piece of paper to include in your Resume. That paper will not help you at all if you don't use this (expensive) opportunity to develop skills.

• 7 posts
    November 21, 2022 2:15 AM PST

My buddy also told me that from what he learned, film school is not mandatory to work in this industry. However, experience and skills are.

• 19 posts
    November 21, 2022 4:05 AM PST

Jeffery's buddy is right. Was preparing to write the same thing.

• 1 posts
    December 6, 2022 7:25 AM PST

Listen buddy, the choice of a film school depends on you and your assessment of its various opportunities. You can also look at the reviews of people who studied there, but don't rely too much on their opinion. For example, I also searched for a suitable film school for a very long time and stopped to study in Prague, after graduation I continued to live there and shoot films in Prague. I really like Prague, it is a very beautiful city with a pleasant population, whose mentality I really enjoy. You can rely on other factors of choosing a school, namely in which country it is located. If you like Canada, then go there and don't hesitate. It doesn't matter where to study it, the main thing is that you like the country and it is comfortable for you to study in it. Good luck friend!

This post was edited by Nikolas Black at December 9, 2022 5:19 AM PST