Forums » Film School

What degrees do you need for film school?

• 24 posts
    September 8, 2022 12:53 AM PDT

I am Harry and I live in United Kingdom. I dream of becomming a film maker one day and make really good movie. I am not the self-taught type of person and for me, I believe that attending Uni is the way. I have starting conducting online research on multiple film schools and I have found many mixed reviews and discussions that confused me. It can be difficult when you don't know someone from the industry or someone who is actually a student at a film school. Or even a film school graduate. I have started a few posts on the forums regarding my academic journey in hopes to clear up a bit of the confusion that I am facing and I am grateful for each response I receive.
    Now I have another question that I did not found an answer online and that worries me. What degree do you need for film school? I did not study art at high school and I do not have any art-related degree. Would this affect my ability to be admitted into film school?

• 43 posts
    September 10, 2022 7:03 AM PDT

I do not know how to answer this question because some Film Schools indeed, require you to come from a school where you studied art while others don't.